The Drum-Eater – A Nigerian Mystery Horror Short Story (Part 1)
Drum-Eater: Part 1
The drums stopped at midnight. In Shagari Village, drums never stop. Not for death. Not for rain. But that night, silence.
Old Mama Nkechi said it first: "Something came through the forest."
I didn’t believe her. Until I saw the footprints. They weren’t human.
The Mystery of Shagari Village
The footprints glistened in the moonlight, pressed deep into the wet earth as though something heavy had passed. They were wide, clawed, and curved in ways no animal of Shagari’s forest should be.
I bent low, tracing the edges with trembling fingers. The soil was still warm...
To be continued...
What is the Drum-Eater? Why does it eat sound?
Comment your theories below! I read every single comment.
#TheFainassChronicles #TheDrumEater #NigerianFiction #ShortStories

Comments
Part 2: "The Sound of Silence" drops Dawn
What do you think it looks like?
Worst theory gets pinned.
- Fainass